Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Volunteer Life


I think it's important to give back to the community, and I spend a lot of time volunteering for various local organizations... the theatre group that I spend a lot of time with is currently producing one of my favorite stage comedies: The Foreigner, by Larry Shue. I agreed to do the graphic for the program, and for publicity, etc... and here is what I came up with. The play centers around an Englishman, who winds up at a fishing lodge in the American south. His only desire is to be left alone, but he inadvertently becomes privy to some pretty nasty plans by less-than-savory locals, and finds himself at the heart of a sinister plot, and at a personal crossroads. The play balances some pretty serious subject matter with a great deal of hilarity. The result is definitely worthwhile. If you have an opportunity to see a production, I highly recommend it!

No comments: